Saturday, July 10, 2010

Really.....

So it seems the last time I blogged, we pretended we didn't know the sex of baby #2, which was clearly not the truth. We did know that we were having another beautiful baby girl and we chose to call her Savannah Rose. She made her big debut on March 23rd at 5:45pm weighing in at a whopping 8lbs 13ounces and was 19inches long. Once we announced we were pregnant with Savannah or if we mentioned we were having baby#2, we were always told we were going to be super busy. Again, I am not sure exactly what I was thinking, but BOY OH BOY was everyone right. As to date, Savannah is 3 1/2 months old and we still haven't sent out her birth announcements. Looks like we do not qualify for parents of the year for her this year.....ha ha ha! Hopefully you will be glad to know that we will have those announcements out this week!

A brief, yet funny update on how life has changed from 1 baby girl to 2 baby girls.....
  • Truth: We have a choir in our house everyday. Funny part of that is: Savannah starts the crying choir because she is hungry or tired and then her fabulous big sister, Kennedy, likes to join in and the rest is pure harmony.... Sometimes Jason wants to cry along with them......
  • Truth: We are working out/lifting weights now. Funny part of that is: If we are walking in the house carrying Savannah (@ 3months, almost 16 pounds), we now have Kennedy wrapped around one of our legs and being carried through the house at the same time. Talk about getting weighed down! ha ha ha
  • Truth: My life can't get any better. Funny part of that is: with kids, everyday is a new experience and a new adventure! Both Kennedy and Savannah brighten my day everyday with their loving smile, their big eyes (trust me....), their loving and beautiful nature and make everyday for me better than the day before!
We have all adjusted well, some (me) better than others (not naming anyone here...hahaha) and I wouldn't change it for the world! We live for our girls. We are going on vacation this year to DISNEY WORLD. It will be our first FAMILY vacation and we are super excited. I know what some of you are thinking, but seriously......when you have kids, where else do you vacation? From now on, until they are grown and on their own, they dictate where we vacation. We are still the parents and we make the decisions in this house, however, would you seriously want to take 2 toddlers to Fiji where they are going to be miserable and make you miserable? Not me....I will wait for when Nana and Grandaddy ask for them to stay a week/maybe two and then I will plan that FIJI vacation Jason and I dreamed of for a honeymoon!

Have our lives changed? ABSOLUTELY.
Have they changed for the best? ABSOLUTELY.
Can I talk about anything other than our girls? ABSOLUTELY, but why would I! I love them!

Our girls are well loved and I live my life for them! My priorities have slightly shifted and instead of doing things for myself, I would rather do them for Kennedy and Savannah. So here is the pecking order according to me in the house.....
  1. Kennedy and Savannah (in no particular order)
  2. ME and at time Jason (I know not grammatically correct but see below for explanation)
  3. Jason (yes he is above as well. Explanation: Most of the time we share the priority space in the house, but there are times when I need to put myself first and very rarely do, but I am working on it!)
  4. Then my poor dogs....but don't let the number they are fool you. They still have a fabulous life and are spoiled rotten.
So here is my goal: To keep this blog up to date!
Will it happen, not sure but I am definitely going to try. I am hoping to post pictures of both girls soon. Honestly, not sure how up to date I am going to be since I am already behind on my to do list and I am super busy with everyone's schedule. However, we do have some candid shots of both girls but they are mostly on facebook.

I hope it has been enjoyable catching up with us and we hope to post again soon.
Jen and the gang.....

No comments: