Friday, November 21, 2008

Kennedy's first doctor's appointment

Today we met with Kennedy's Pediatrician and had a fabulous checkup. On the Thursday she was born, Kennedy weighed 7 lbs 8 oz. When we left the hospital the following Saturday, she weighed 6 lbs 15 oz. However, 2 weeks later, when we went to the doctor today, she weighed a whopping 8 lbs 1 oz. Can you say healthy! Kennedy now doesn't have to go back until she is 2 months old. So great news there. Her heart sounded healthy, her lungs are fabulous and everything seems to be on par. We were really happy and pleased with the outcome of today.


I also had a doctor's appointment shortly after Kennedy. Trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone since we were out and about today. I have lost 25 lbs (in 2 weeks) from the weight I was when we delivered to my weight today. I am pleased with that, but can't believe it isn't dropping off of me faster! During the total pregnancy, I gained 45 pounds, so I am halfway to losing it all. My incision is healing nicely, and I don't have to go back now for 4 weeks. Good news there.


So we have taken a few more pictures. Some of them may look the same, as Jason and I are taking pictures of Kennedy at different times, sometime the same day, same outfit, etc and not realizing the other just took that picture. She is definitely "FILLING OUT" and enjoying her sleep. In some of the pictures, she looks like she just can't be bothered. But she is fabulous and we just love her more than life itself!


Enjoy the pictures and keep checking back with us to see how Kennedy is developing.


Love, Jason, Jen and Kennedy

No comments: