Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another Busy Weekend.........

Another weekend has come and gone. Friday was a pretty busy day. After a full day of school, I came home and my mom was here. She had just gotten her hair done and decided to stop by to drop off a present from one of her customers for Kennedy. We then discussed going to dinner but she wasn't really up for it. So she went home. Jason and I then decided we didn't want to go to the grocery store, so I took him to Horizen and watched him eat sushi. Oh well. Afterwards, we came home, did our thank you cards (from Mom's shower on October 5th) and watched the ball game and went to bed pretty early. Well, I fell asleep on the couch and then Jason woke me up to go to bed.

On Saturday, we had talked about getting up early going to vote, running a few errands, all before the baby shower. However, I was so unmotivated to get ready and begin my day, that we got none of that done. Jason then received a phone call from his mom that he needed to come help with the shower decorations by bringing a ladder and hanging up the "TALL" stuff. It helps to be 6 feet tall. So he left to be a big help! My mom and Tiffany then came by the house to pick me up to go to the shower. I got to hang out with a few great friends, and we laughed and talked about so much. There were a few guests I didn't know or remember, but at least they were there because they knew Jason and they were there for him. But I felt a little funny about taking a present from someone I didn't know. We received lots of things that were on our registry and also lots of things that were not on the registry. If I can give any advice, STICK TO THE LIST! But other than that, it went really well and we had a great time. After the shower, we came back home, unloaded all of the presents, picked up the dogs, and went to Milton with my mom. When we got to good ole Miltonia, we picked up my dad and went to eat the Roadhouse. MMMMMMMMMMMM. We then came home and went straight to sleep.

On Sunday, Jason and I got up, I went for breakfast, and then we went through the presents from the day before. We had a ton of laundry to do so I wanted to get started. I had a wedding to go to, My good friend Nick Davis, but I was feeling under the weather with a head cold. Luckily I am going to the doctor tomorrow, so hopefully I can get some medicine to feel better. After going through all of the fabulous gifts, Jason and I managed to get ready and left to run some errands. We ate lunch at Santino's and ran into Briana. We then went to Target and bought a ton of stuff that we hadn't received off of our registry that we definitely needed. We then went to the pet store for some dog food and then to Jason's favorit store in the world (Books a Million). Then we just came home. Jason put together the highchair, and put the carseat/baby carrier in my car, so when the time comes we are ready. We finished the laundry and now have decided that we are completely exhausted.

We do have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, at 1:00, so hopefully we have made progress in 1 week, and we can definitely keep you posted. We officially are down to a little less than 4 weeks, and we are so ready. My birthday is this coming Saturday, so maybe Kennedy will be my birthday present. I guess we will wait and see. I am a little concerned about my blood pressure as it is on the rise, but we will see.
With Love,
Jen

No comments: