Monday, October 20, 2008

Doctor's Appointment Today

Kennedy and I had a doctor's appointment today at 4:15. We are in the middle of our 35th week, and have just started our once a week doctor's visits. We have officially 32 days until our due date and counting.

Our appointment went really well. Kennedy is in position and we seem to be just waiting for her arrival. We haven't started dilating yet. My blood pressure is a little bit elevated, not enough to enduce my labor yet, but enough for Dr. David to be concerned about. Along with the elevated blood pressure, we have had substantial weight gain these last 2 weeks, but according to Dr. David, it is all water retention. I feel severely swollen, but according to the doctor, we are just going to monitor my situation closely. Kennedy is doing well and appears to be happy. Her heartbeat was in the 140's today and she of course was playing "catch me if you can" with Dr. David as she was trying to hear her heartbeat.

We went to our last lamaze class tonight and got a graduation certificate. We heard from a few parents and saw their newborn babies and got to ask questions or hear their experiences. It was pleasant and peaceful. They were all so precious. Mrs. Hanna, our lamaze teacher, started off class with answering any new questions, asking about doctor's appointments, and just being a fabulous concerned woman. When it came to Jason and I, I told her about our doctor's appointment and the water retention/weight gain. She seems to think that with the elevated blood pressure, we will go sooner than later, and more than likely, not make it to our due date. However, no matter what, Jason and I both agree that Kennedy will come when she is ready. We do have our hospital bag packed, for a just incase. We are all put together, but getting a little nervous.

Thanks for reading and I hope I didn't leave anything out. We will definitely keep you posted on the progress and of course Kennedy's arrival.

With Love,
Jen

No comments: